Re: Why is the Grail Diary worth so Much?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 04, 1999 at 10:51:10:

In Reply to: Why is the Grail Diary worth so Much? posted by CinemaKing on January 04, 1999 at 08:11:07:

: Why is the Grail Diary worth so Much?

I have wondered that too. Could be there weren't that many made. Could be that those that are out there were hand produced (inked) and would then be absolutely worth the cost asked, if done right. I understand that Indy Magnoli's diaries were just that, all hand produced complete with text and illustrations. No small task, so the cost would be high. Now if you're speaking of the prices that we're seeing on eBay, don't hold that as a good yard stick to the "worth" of the item. We've been watching feeding frenzies over items that a month ago couldn't even bring an opening bid. If you watch the auction, you'll see some items go for astronomical prices, when an identical item several lines down will go unnoticed and sell for peanuts. I know because I've purchased several items that way. I don't understand it myself. Human nature is strange sometimes. I like what Dale Dassel has done, as has ArkRaiderr, in terms of producing their own diaries, but in research of their own fields of interest. I think this would be much more interesting, considering it would be in the "spirit" of the Grail diary, but in a completely different topic, as well as your own research. I own my own leather bound diary that I use to record my own field research and work in archeology. Very limited to date, but it has it's own meaning for me, that being what Dr. Jones stated....that being to write down things so I don't have to try to remember them! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]