You're a huge E.T. fan right?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0365.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.199.110) on Thursday, August 08, 2002 at 7:47pm :

In Reply to: Stuff it, Tom! posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.179.240.87) on Thursday, August 08, 2002 at 2:54pm :

Well, maybe not even 6 feet tall. :p
When feeling sentimental, Spielberg gets quite infantile. Spielberg is best when dealing with action. Seriously!
FG

: :p

: Nobody can direct sentimentality like Mr. Spielberg! Your constant cynicism towards Spielberg's style ain't welcome. ;)

: P.S. - SPR is STRONG from the first 30 minutes to the very bitter end you heartless wench. ;)

: :
: : He seems to think he has to get extra-emotional. That's when I think his work becomes somewhat banal (i.e. the freakin' Blue Fairy) and less effective.
: : Take Saving Private Ryan: The first 30 minutes are unbelievable. No further words are needed. In fact, I think the opening of Saving Private Ryan is so strong that the rest of the movie feels somewhat lacking. Same thing with Minority Report (Still one of his best movies, in my opinion). Spielberg plays the emotional card until the very end. Maybe it's just that I prefer his less sentimental movies like Jaws and Raiders.
: : FG
: : :
: : :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: