Re: Indy 4 fears in relation to Ford.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Friday, August 09, 2002 at 4:31pm :

In Reply to: Indy 4 fears in relation to Ford. posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, August 09, 2002 at 3:59pm :

: I saw K-19 again the other night and I have to say that Ford's acting chops are at their best right now. Whatever you might have thought of his Russian accent (an accent can be tough and not every actor can do an accent. I thought that his was decent enough myself), his acting was the best that I've seen him do. I'm a big William Holden fan. If Indiana Jones could have been done in an other time period, he would have been my first choice to play Indy (Robert Mitchum would be a close second). Anyway, in the film "The Wild Bunch", Holden was much older than in his leading man hey day. He was still incredible in the movie, probably even more engaging than in his younger days. This leads me to the point of the post. If the story for Indy 4 is really, really good, then we have nothing to worry about. Cheers

I agreed completely with the comparison to Holden.

My biggest worry about IV is the story. If we are to "look to the stars" as McCallum hinted awhile back, then I am afraid we may be in for the lame "Roswell" storyline, i.e. "Indiana Jones and the Martian Invaders". I was at a party - I guess it has been about a year now? - anyway, there was a guy there who had had a bit too much to drink who was spouting-off about the storyline set for Indy IV. My host said they guy worked for Paramount and "sometimes knew what he was talking about." Anyway, this “source” said that the Roswell Incident was going to be the anchor on this one. I believe I recounted this either here or on COW at the time if somebody wants to check the vaults? I just hope they stick with the tried-and-true formula and keep George from screwing up the franchise.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com