Re: Me and my toaster oven get along great.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from spider-tn023.proxy.aol.com (152.163.207.53) on Thursday, August 15, 2002 at 6:59pm :

In Reply to: Why Indy 4 might be great posted by 3thoubucks from 66-81-122-60-modem.o1.com (66.81.122.60) on Thursday, August 15, 2002 at 2:02am :

: I walked into Toys-r-us today and there's a bunch of new toys by the entrance now- robots. ROBOTS and more robots. Baby dolls, pets, Transformers- With speech recognition and upgradeable memories. Robots that plug into your new 2.53 GHZ home P.C. for programming. I've been hankering for a robotic replacement of my ex wife for many years, and I watch the technology. So this month it occurs to me- we are at the point where you can recreate your ex or create anyone on your computer screen as an animated 3-D avitar made from their picture you upload, or you can quickly drag and drop features to make any likeness with marginal artistic tallent, with a voice you upload or configure- speech generation and voice recognition and programable free A.L.I.C.E. artificial intelegence with free, nearly unlimited databases. Honda and Sony are heavilly investing in, and developing humanoid robots. Sony thinks robot sales will be tripple the entire current P.C. market. And the good old USA is kicking in the 110 lb., 5 thousand dollar Realdoll adult doll, with their new competitor "Superbabe" forcing them to improve. -- What has this got to do with Indiana Jones? Well, when people have a companion that fullfills their every emotional need, which can be trusted completely and forever, modified if the slightest flaw in personality or appearence is ever detected, then people will be happy secure and stable. If these people are Lucas and Ford, they will make better movies. I mean, look at Ford- 2 divorces and now he's got a too young girlfriend with a reputation as a.....If he gets the perfect companion, built to his exacting specifications, his big Aldens will be planted firmly on the ground, and he'll make a killer Indy 4. He fell in love with an android in Blade Runner, his only other classic movie. I've got a feeling his companion will look a lot like some girl he knew in highschool, but who knows. Now...for all you hand wringing robophobes out there- Just walk into a toys-r-us and smell the S-Dram. They ARE here, so get used to it. Yes, humans must continue to date, mate and procreate, but if your marriage doesn't turn out story book, like at least half don't- This should be an option. The human race sucks to a large degree. We have any wars coming up? Scams and murders are the headlines. NIM vs. gearheads. Now meet a new moral force in the world- Robots and virtual people that can appear to be human and be your dedicated friend, but are incapable of deciet, jelousy, envy, hatred,- unless such "qualities" are purposly programed into them. Even then there'd be no intent. Sure, it's all fantasy, but it can be good for you and fullfilling. Plus you get to kick cruel fate right in the teeth. Hey, that new Al Pacino movie comes out today- Simone. Co-starring a virtual woman. Here's the latest and best TTS program. Have it say the words you long to hear. Trust her. How about- "Indiana Jones. Always knew someday you'd come walking back through my door..I never doubted it."

It's made by Black & Decker and we've been togeter for ten years. It makes be breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner. Sure it get too hot to handle sometimes, but I know when I need to let it cool down. My toaster oven and I have a good relationship. And since she's made by Black & Decker, I know were in for the long haul. I love it. I just hope you can all understand that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com