Just finished "Interior World" this fine, lazy Saturday.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from WCS1.NORFOLK.NIPR.MIL (198.26.132.101) on Saturday, August 24, 2002 at 3:29pm :

We have a winner!
Hands down, the best of the MacGregor works that I've read. I'm just glad that I put up with the others before it, otherwise parts of it would have made very little sense.
The climax was the most satisfying that I have read in any book in quite awhile. The good Doctor Jones versus a towering, solid three-hundred pound other-worldly villian on top of--nah; that would ruin it.
"Nalca." A major plot device in this one--a yellowish drink made from a certain type of fish egg that Indy must drink every so often in order to survive in the "Inner World" (likewise for anyone coming to our side from the other). As the lovely lady our boy falls in with explains to him in the underworld labyrinth that the two are lost in, it can quench your thirst, provide sustanance, and--it seems she addes with a wink, is used as an aphrodisiac.
A moment later, safely out of the corridor where the monsters prowl and with the jacket spread for comfort...........
Whoa--pass the caviar.........
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com