Why does everyone hate ToD so much?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-020-152.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.20.152) on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 at 3:59pm :

In Reply to: Re: New Policy - No Jerks posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 at 3:41pm :

I actually prefer ToD over LC, as it's so much darker than the other two. I agree with the point that's been brought before that it doesn't quite "feel" like an Indy film...and I think that that probably stems from the fact that there are so few references to the time period it takes place in....I mean, the mood, settings, etc are kind of foreign to a period adventure piece. But man, some of you REALLLLLY hate it!
Raiders, for me, feels gritty, and sort of feels as if the filmakers had a bunch of good ideas as opposed to a bunch of money (even though technically they did), and LC simply feels contrived. I wish LC would've been made about 5 years prior to when it actually was....might have felt a bit more dangerous. But ToD feels...hmmm...strange? Out of the norm ( as far as Indy films go)....I don't like the removed feeling so much as the danger aspect. In Raiders, Indy really relied on his wit and training - so to speak.
In ToD, he was WAAAYYY out of his element....

Anyway, some stream of thought stuff regarding ToD....

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com