LOL!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 1:01pm :

In Reply to: Waste of celluloid? Why I'll tear you a new one! posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.179.250.212) on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 at 4:19pm :

Well, now just to be fair I was really just razzing the Temple of Doom faithful that I know are out there – in the name of fun. I can enjoy Temple of Doom for what it is. To me, it is a comic book Indy adventure put on film.

People call Temple of Doom "dark" and that seems kinda silly to me. In cinematic terms, "dark" implies depth - both in storyline and character development. These are things I just do not see in ANY Indy movie. Slightly more than superficially fun adventure. IMHO.

To me, "dark" is Silence of the Lambs, A Touch of Evil, Apocalypse Now, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Saving Private Ryan, etc... Dark ought to do more than gross you out a little - it ought to "bother you" and follow you home in a quiet car. IMHO

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com