"follow you home in a quiet car".....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-018-194.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.18.194) on Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 2:14pm :

In Reply to: LOL! posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 1:01pm :

heeheehee I agree with that, although when I said it was dark,I meant in relation to the other two Indy films.

The Empire Strikes Back is dark...but not dark like Strange Days, which in turn isn't dark in the same way as Gates of Hell (ugh, that movie)...etc, etc...

I allow my children to watch "Dr Jones", as they call it, but not ToD.
They are 7 and 2. My older girl likes Raiders, for the adventure, she says, while my younger likes LC...she giggles most of the way through ( as an aside, she always shouts "Get the cup Indy" when he's reaching for the grail in the crack in the temple ). But due to the obvious, I will not allow them to see ToD. When I explained to my older girl why, she wrinkled her nose and said "probably a good idea."...hehe...

What I mean by all this is that, as I said above, ToD is far too "Dark" compared to the other two films...child beatings, torture, slavery, mind-control (My older has a friend who has convinced her that she can hypnotize people, and it sort of freaks her out :) ), the nasty bit with the heart...you get the idea...

I don't know how many of you are parents, or how many who *are* DISCUSS these things with their children before allowing them to watch (or not watch, as the case may be), but I now hold EVERYTHING up to the yardstick of "Would I allow the kids to see this?"...most are obvious, some take some real consideration. I mean, there are some DISNEY films SO DARK that I'd let the kids watch ToD before I'd let them see those!!

Anyway, enough rambling. Those were great points, Patterson, but I think a bit narrow, yeah?

Later folks,

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com