Re: Interesting issue brought up in the Infernal Machine game that is set in 1947...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from cache-mtc-ak02.proxy.aol.com (64.12.96.199) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 9:14pm :

In Reply to: It can if we let it. posted by graml from user-2ivevgi.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.126.18) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 7:23am :

: As long as they don't fudge Indy's age, I'm willing to support a sequel or two. Harrison Ford is a fine actor, but even he can't pull off playing a 30-40 year old anymore. I'd enjoy seeing Indy in a situation where the world is undergoing such amazing changes as happened in the 1950s. Without turning this into a discussion on the merits and/or liabilities of the United Nations, it must be said that soon after the creation of this powerful non-government actor, world heritage sites were suddenly a tad harder to loot. It was no longer a matter of "fortune and glory" (as Indy stated in Temple of Doom), but rather an "it belongs in a museum!" (as idealistic Young Indy stated) mentality. This is assuming that they turn Indy 4 into an introspective look at the world of archaeology. Unlikely, I know. Maybe Indy could even get a job with UNESCO? He'd be a government tool! And a bureaucratic fool! (Hey...That rhymes...I smell a musical!)
: As long as there's a car chase, a few fist fights, a shoot-out or two and no lame dialog (let us not mention Phantom Menace!), I'll be happy. And maybe a grown-up Short Round as a bad guy.
: -graml

In one of the cinematic cut scenes in the N64 game, Indy talks with Sophia Hapgood at his dig about helping the newly formed CIA to get parts of the machine before the Reds do. Hapgood asks about the site Indy is working on and he replies saying something about "It's the new thinking of archaeology. Dig up some insignificant artifact, date it, and try to fit some understanding and meaning to it."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com