Of course!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt10-port-140.dial.telus.net (161.184.202.140) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 9:44pm :

In Reply to: Can a post WWII Indy story work? posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 4:01am :

: This has been discussed some what before, but I think it's worth asking. For myself, I have a harder time envisioning a post war story. It's selfish really. I just love 30's-40's. I suppose it can be done in the fifties if the story doesn't take place in the USA. Keep Indy in a third world country and it would work.

: What do you think?

I think there'd be plenty of good villains for Indy to fight off during the 50s. It could be a "new breed of archaelogy" (to borrow from "XXX" ;)).

But I don't see the problem of having Indy be in the USA. First off, Indy has only spent time within the States for about 5-10 minutes tops in Raiders and LC (I'm deliberately ignoring the opening sequence of LC in that statement). Indy's adventures ALWAYS take place somewhere exotic and foreign. I don't see any problem in them having another sequence take place in the 50s at Indy's classroom in Princeton or wherever the hell he chooses to teach. ;)

Now if Indy is ONLY in America, then that would suck. Indy's gotta move around the world, man!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com