Re: It can if we let it.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 at 2:46pm :

In Reply to: It can if we let it. posted by graml from user-2ivevgi.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.126.18) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 7:23am :

I agree with your subject line, "It can if we let it..." so long as George et al can refrain from fixating on the change in the period. It was funny in Back to the Future, but it will not work for Indy. Let it be what it was, and let the character live in it like a he would. The 1950's were a time of great change with the world becoming MUCH smaller than it had been in the 1930's. I think it will work better if there is more of a Temple of Doom macro approach, i.e. set the entire thing in the third world. Maybe the Congo, the Middle East, or even South America. Hey, stick him in Brazil and he can STILL deal with Nazi's! (grin)

As long as we can keep George from inserting obligatory "tailfin" shots of caddy's and Plymouths, and NO REFERENCE TO ROCK AND ROLL OR ELVIS then we have a chance. Pop culture and dialogue helped ruin the Star Wars franchise. Please give George his Paxil BEFORE the script gets approved! (grin)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com