Sorry G-man

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cuyahoga Boru from pcp009862pcs.dover01.de.comcast.net (68.33.241.244) on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 10:25am :

In Reply to: No go... posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 10:02pm :

: : Just lucky I guess. Seriously though all I did was go the the full install and then started playing the game the only thing that was wierd to me was that even it was a "full" install off of both discs it still won't run without the disc in the cd-rom. If that isn't the problem then go to start then all programs then accessories and then use the program compatibility wizard and it should be able to config your system to operate the game. I have had to do that for some of my older games mostly my son's games though.
: : Hope this helps.

: :
: : Trust Me
: : Cuyahoga

:       Thanks for the help, Cuyahoga Boru! Unfortunately, it just won't work on my computer.

:       Earlier today, I called LucasArts and asked them if there's a way to make the game work in Windows XP. The person I spoke with mentioned how they've also not yet found a way to get the game to work in Windows XP - at times, the game wouldn't start for them at all, while at other times the game would run for a while only to eventually crash to the desktop.

:       Incidentally, I then mentioned how Grim Fandango (a slightly older LucasArts game, if only by a year) seems to work just fine for me even in Windows XP, to which he confirmed that he'd also not heard or seen a single problem with that game running in XP as well. Go figure...

:       So I guess it's no Indy for me until at least January.

:
: -G
Bummer dude! Wish I knew a fix!
Cuyahoga

Follow Ups:

• Oh... - Goodsport 10:09am 09/12/2002

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title: