Here's a question that perhaps hasn't been asked......

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from WCS3.NORFOLK.NIPR.MIL (198.26.132.99) on Sunday, September 15, 2002 at 12:37pm :

Toht--he's mean, he's nasty, he intentionally shaves the top of his noggin bald--we all know who he is, we all know his name, yet in Raiders, his name was never so much as mentioned.
Do you remember where and when you first learned this villian's name?
Personally, while paying the toy section of the department store a visit while I was a real little guy, I chanced upon the new display of Indy action figures, and since I really did try to be a good kid, my long suffering mother said okay to one or two.
(I never did manage to find Fedora and jacket Indy--all they ever had was Arab disguise Indy and Nazi disguise Indy. What a drag!)
At any rate, Toht was one of my selections, and although I could read okay for a kid in those days, I couldn't make heads or tails of the name. When I asked mom for help, she looked at the box and said, "Toth." Close enough.
And I was delighted to find that the makers of the figures (LJN, I think), paid enough attention to detail to leave a mark on Toht's right hand.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com