Have Video Games Ruined Movies?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from dialup-65.59.31.9.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (65.59.31.9) on Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 9:06pm :

This should cause some talk.

It seems that the visual effects community has been spending a lot of time playing games…..video/computer games. It must be true because their work is mimicking the look and feel of these games. What am I speaking of? The unnatural camera movements and frankly the movement of the characters they are creating in the computer.

Case in point the new blockbuster Spiderman. When our friendly-neighborhood-digital-web-slinger was trucking across the city, it looked right out of the Nintendo handbook. Even if had a real Spidey swinging through real buildings with a camera crew filming it, it wouldn’t look anything like what we saw on the screen. That takes me out of the movie. Does anyone else feel this way?

Let me bring it home: What would you think if when our fedora clad hero was running from the boulder and leaped out the entrance of the cave, he froze in mid air and the camera did a 360 around him before falling at Belloq’s feet?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com