NO WAY!!! VIDEO GAMES HAVE BROUGHT FILM TO A NEW HEIGHT OF CREATIVE FREEDOM!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rushmore from dhcp-63-49.tulane.edu (129.81.63.49) on Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 9:53pm :

In Reply to: Have Video Games Ruined Movies? posted by MK from dialup-65.59.31.9.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (65.59.31.9) on Sunday, October 06, 2002 at 9:06pm :

Such type of scenes are perfect for today's generation. Just look at all the money the film version of Tomb Raider made. That Lara Croft certainly had her stuff! Much like color was to your generation, CGI effects are causing a revolution in film. If we rely too much on these effects, of course the film will stink, just as if we rely too much on other great advances, the film will stink. However, as great films as Spider-man and The Fellowship of the Ring show, CGI effects can really make a great story come alive! There is no way that out-of-date forms of "film magic" such as non-computer animation and silly-looking makeup could have made these stories come alive. I have faith in the big three and their film making abiltities. I love video games! I say make more movies like video games! Computers are the future! I just can't wait until they have an entire digital character in Indy IV!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com