Re: Flippant words BEFORE he encountered the Ark.....and God. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-016-050.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.16.50) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 2:30pm :

In Reply to: Flippant words BEFORE he encountered the Ark.....and God. (nm) posted by MK from dialup-64.156.154.12.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (64.156.154.12) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 10:33am :

Hey MK....

Good point.....
But what about the - dum dumdumdum - ToD? If that story took place BEFORE Raiders, I think Indy's "flippant remarks" suddenly resonate as "Aw man, not ANOTHER one...?!?" sort of feeling. Perhaps his ideals HAD changed a bit by the end of that adventure, but then we get to LC, and I'm not so sure. He may be a bit more...uh...GROWN, so to speak, but it's not UNTIL he has to make a choice about his belief system TO SAVE HIS FATHER that he DECIDES to turn to the dar...er...become a believer (Just ribbin ya!). What if his father *HADN'T* been shot? Would he STILL have made the Leap of Faith (both figuratively and literaly)?

And let me run one more by ya...what if the crack about "magic, alot of superstitious hocus-pocus" WASN'T about religion per se? I mean, if *I* had survived nearly having my heart ripped out by some raving loony in the backwater of the world in appeasance (is that a word?) to his freakish deity, then I'd be pretty reluctant to hear ANYTHING about ANY sort of "otherwordly" power/magic/whatever that, in all honesty, deals strictly with an abstract notion of a "higher Power".

Oh, and before you take offense, let me say that I am not, in ANY way, belittling your beliefs, ok?

Thanks for reading,
Later pal,

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: