Re: Man, today is a great day for topics here....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from adsl-67-39-186-34.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net (67.39.186.34) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 5:46pm :

In Reply to: Man, today is a great day for topics here.... posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-016-050.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.16.50) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 2:39pm :

Ewok movies, eh? I loved the Ewoks in Jedi, and I admit I watch the cartoon whenever it pops up (Teebo rocks!). However, I tried to watch one of the movies once, and found it too awful to continue. Much like Stargate. I love the movie, but tried watching the first episode of the TV show (which seems to have become quite popular), but couldn't stand that, either. And as for the Ewoks breaking up the action in Jedi, I thought it was quite a good way of doing it. I really did have interest in the primitive hunters and the small band of idealists fighting off technologically advanced army of evil oppressors, but that's just me. Hehehe. All Star Wars movies (after ANH, anyway) have had multiple things going on at the end, the only one I didn't like was when the fake-looking Gungan battle and seemingly pointless space battle interrupted that fantastic and intense three-way lightsaber duel in TPM.

: After a looooong dry spell....

: As a Star Wars fan of only slightly less caliber than my beloved Indy series, I say that the Ewoks, in their own two movies, were great. In Jedi, however, they broke what amounted to a very involving story of redemption into smaller, non-involving bite-size bits. Bits that became less satisfying overall because of the constant sidetracking to Endor. Perhaps that is why the Ewoks are so widely despised by SW fandom. That, and the fact that I find it difficult to swallow (as do many others)that a massive crack military troop was brought down by what amounts to hunters. They aren't called *STORMTROOPERS* for nothing!!

: I personally could do without them as they became the compromise financially for what would have been a wicked cool sequence on the wookie homeworld dealing with slavers. But then again, it STILL would have been sidetracking. Ah well....

: A bit - o - trivia : The word "Ewok" is never so much as uttered ONCE during the entire film of Jedi. Go figure...

: Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com