And where is Patterson and Michaelson? I'd like to hear their take...(NM)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-016-050.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.16.50) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 6:27pm :

In Reply to: All things considered, you're right..... posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-016-050.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.16.50) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 6:27pm :

: ...and I have absolutely zilch to try to say otherwise. I was working on the established remarkes, mannerisms, etc...I had wondered myself a couple of times why he didn't more readily accept things, given the course of ToD and Raiders, and even the YIJC's....

: Here's something I just thought of......maybe, in Raiders, that crack was his way of hiding his FEAR. I mean, as I said above, if I'd just lived through all of that the year before, maybe I'd be scared silly.
: Also, I'm not much of an historian, but from what I understand, that period was sort of a "manly" period for men. Marcus, being the older, wiser father figure, is trying to sort of impart his wisdon through the use of advice, where Indy simply puts on a "tough face" to hide his fear and concern that going after the Ark, no matter the significance, might turn out to be another ToD. Hmmmm....

: Man, this discussion has really set me to wondering on the true motivations of our favorite hero!

: Later,
: Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com