when you're right you're, well, Operator Jake I suppose

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from ool-4352b5f0.dyn.optonline.net (67.82.181.240) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 10:26pm :

In Reply to: Then again-- posted by Operator Jake from WCS1.NORFOLK.NIPR.MIL (198.26.132.101) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 4:16pm :

That to me is the biggest detriment to Last Crusade, Sallah and Brody became punchlines. Everything they say and do is played for laughs where in Raiders they're both presented as more than capable and sharp as tacks.

Here's to Indy 4 being closer in tone to Raiders...

: It seemed to me as though Sallah's English became weaker between Raiders and Crusade. With the exception of the ackward "so pleased you are not dead" bit, Sallah was a good non-native speaker. He was very, very good.
: Then again (and I've said it before, and I'll say it again), the powers that be also tuned Marcus into a buffoon in Crusade; a great disservice to the charachter. Last Crusade was the most light-hearted of the series (thus far, and here's hoping it stays that way), but I feel they could have found other ways to be funny.
: Just one kid's opinion, anyway.
: Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com