A PICTURE of the Raiders gloves and a question.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from spider-ta032.proxy.aol.com on January 07, 1999 at 10:53:31:

In Reply to: Raiders gloves posted by Satipo on January 05, 1999 at 09:42:37:

: If anyone is looking for the Midwest Quality Gloves model 850, the closest I have found on the web is at the QVC shopping site (www.qvc.com). They stock Midwest gloves and have the 850VL model, but only in large. Just do a product search for "Midwest Quality Gloves" or "Midwest Gloves" on this site and you'll see a list of all the Midwest gloves that they stock.

: No time to argue! Throw me the idol, I throw you the whip.
: Adios senior...

: Satipo

I forgot to mention that the QVC product code for the 850VL model is V76530. The web address for the QVC page containing details of these gloves, including a picture of them, is:-

http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?tpl=detail&frames=n&from=se&item=V76530

The link I have included will take you straight there (hopefully). The only problem is that you need to join QVC before you can buy anything from them. However, this can be done online, and I think its free.

Adios.

Satipo

P.S. I have recently heard from another online supplier who says that he can provide the model 850 in Medium as well as Large sizes. I've just asked him to confirm whether it is the 850 model or the 850VL model he is talking about (I originally asked about the 850 model, but at this stage there seems to be uncertainty on the Forum as to whether the 850 model actually exists). More news when I have it.

P.P.S. I am new to the Forum and have been tracking down the model 850 gloves ever since I read about it in Indy's Diggs (about a week ago), but previous postings have suggested that the Raiders gloves may have been the Wells Lamont 'grips' model. Can somebody tell me where the original information about the Raiders gloves came from and also explain why there are now doubts as to which company made and supplied them for the film.

Many thanks,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: