Indiana Jones the the Lost Marbles Theory.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, October 18, 2002 at 5:07pm :

Many people on the internet are of the opinion that George Lucas has lost his "creative edge" or whatever you want to call what originally drew you to his movies. In my opinion, 99.99% of all artists go down hill in their later years. This doesn't bother me, I accept it without any problem. I'd rather that an artist have a long varied career than to burn out in their prime, like James Dean for instance. I had this discussion last night with fellow Indy fans. Another point that was brought up was that Lucas doesn't have any collaborators around him anymore that can successfully reel him in creatively, so to speak. The analogy of the Beatles was brought up as well, the point being that each Beatle as solo artists did not have the others to use as "filters" and therefore could never really release complete albums that were on the same level as the Beatle stuff. This brings me to my main point. Paul McCartney releases new albums every few years that I personally am not that interested in. Every time that he does, it doesn't diminish my appreciation of Beatle records or Beatle solo stuff that I do like. I'm glad that Paul is still out there doing what he loves. Why do some of you get so bent out of shape about the new Indy movie?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com