Wow! No opinions allowed!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Monday, October 21, 2002 at 8:04pm :

In Reply to: Indiana Jones the the Lost Marbles Theory. posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, October 18, 2002 at 5:07pm :

Just because some people think that Lucas has 'lost it' doesn't make them bashers. The man is a brilliant visionary, producer and countless other aspect of movie-making that I know nothing about, but as a director, I don't think he was ever that good. I take that back, he was good but nothing more. Again, as a a director.
Personally, the reason I would like to see less of his involvement in this movie is because Lucas is not a actor's director. Yes, I know he will not be directing the movie but he had more involvement in TOD than Raiders and I think it showed. The characters were one dimensional,(putting Indy in a tuxedo doesn't add anything to his character - it just takes him out of the wonderful suit of armor that we love to see him in) the action didn't flow, and there was no relationship between anyone. "Oh, this guy pulls hearts out of people's chest. I'll hate him." Too conveniant. They were more interested in 'the mood' and grossing people out and specail effects. Gotta pay those guys at ILM for doin' something, I reckon. Keep Speilberg in check, hire and fire, add some of your ideas from your brilliant brain and make sure everything's done within budget. That should be his input in the movie. I don't think that's bashing at all.
As far as the Prequals - it's like SNL quite a few years ago, they relied on the big hosts to keep you tuned in, the comedy came next. With the new SW, it's the special effects that come first and the human story next. Not like the originals. But then again, Lucas has said that he doesn't like directing actors. Nothin' wrong with that. It's apparent, because he just creates them. The finished product looks amazing but when you walk outta the theater you haven't really been through anything with anyone besides seeing some cool effects.
All just my opinion. Which, since I have one, I'm wrong.
p.s. I think that all the Beatles solo stuff is rotten but I think the Beatles as a group were rotten. An opinion not shared by many at all. Give me Dino 'eight days a week.'
p.s.s. Since I've been so long winded, here's another opinion. James Dean blew his wad right away. 'East of Eden is some of the best acting you will ever see anyone do. 'Rebel' was good, but doesn't hold up for me. He just wasn't in 'Giant' enough and when he was he just walked around with that poutty look on his face. I wonder if he woulda gone the way of Brando or just gotten better like Newman and McQueen?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com