Re: Wow! No opinions allowed!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KyleS from firewall.humongous.com (209.191.163.10) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 3:08pm :

In Reply to: Wow! No opinions allowed! posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Monday, October 21, 2002 at 8:04pm :

"As far as the Prequals - it's like SNL quite a few years ago, they relied on the big hosts to keep you tuned in, the comedy came next. With the new SW, it's the special effects that come first and the human story next. Not like the originals. But then again, Lucas has said that he doesn't like directing actors. Nothin' wrong with that. It's apparent, because he just creates them. The finished product looks amazing but when you walk outta the theater you haven't really been through anything with anyone besides seeing some cool effects."

I disagree completely, of course. Complaining about SFX in a fantasy movie is like complaining that they used New York City in "A Westside Story."

But New York City is a REAL place, you say? Well isn't that convenient for the film makers. What if the film maker wants to film scenes in a gigantic city with mile high skyscrapers and flying cars? TOO BAD! That's not real and it distracts me from the all important actors!

I guess KING KONG has no story because the title character is a 10" stop motion puppet. I suppose Casablanca is less of a masterpiece because it used sets and matte paintings to create environments the actors never actually visited. That would mean that the battle at sea in BEN-HUR is completely lame because all the ships are miniatures in a tank. Leading me to the conclusion that the climax of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK had no meaning because the power of God didn't really engulf Nazis.

Bah!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com