Obscure references?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 6:22pm :

In Reply to: Re: Wow! No opinions allowed! posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 1:29pm :

I used references to things that you brought up. Except for the SNL thing.
I guess I haven't seen enough posts where people are bashing Lucas. I'm sure they're there, I just don't read them. I do feel that his involvement with TOD hindered the movie a great deal. Be kind of a boring place if everyone was here to stroke Lucas, Speilberg, or Ford's back. If someone has an opinion about the movies, good or bad, I think it's interesting to get ALL points of view. I for one can't say that Indy 4 is gonna be good or bad. If we go by the track record of lately with all those involved though, I'm a bit worried about it. But then again, I'm at a job that doesn't pay well and they're gettin' paid the big bucks to make these movies. Obviously they know or knew something I don't. Or better yet, LAdy luck just hasn't winked my way - YET.
As for gettin an angry response out of me with your Dino comment, don't worry, ain't gonna happen. That's your opinion- let me repeat that, O-P-I-N-I-O-N that those are other singers were better. I disagree. Doesn't make me mad. (Just means I have better taste, I'm kidding) And if there was a song called 'Lush Life' I'm sure ol' red eyes woulda sang it. Not a good dig there, bud. Actually his singnature song (in the clubs) was 'Bourban from Heaven.' You see, he was playing the part of a drunk. That was his ACT. Acting. That's where people kind of pretend. If you really think that he was as much a booze hound in real life as he was on stage . . . think outside of the box, big man. Fact, not opinion - he was one of the most successful entertainers ever to grace the planet. He tackled radio, TV, movies (comedy and drama) and stage. Not to many entertainers can claim that. He couldn't be that and the businessman he was and be the falling down drunk that everyone loved to see him play in his night club act.
Do you know Anthony Hopkins doesn't really eat people? Just checking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com