Re: Diary Advice Needed

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from ts1-p16.min.prysm.net on January 07, 1999 at 15:08:41:

In Reply to: Re: Diary Advice Needed posted by Michaelson on January 07, 1999 at 13:33:21:

: : In one of Michaelson's posts about the Grail Diary, he suggested that people could make their own diaries about other artifacts. I think this is a great idea and would like you people's advice. What should I make my diary about? I was thinking maybe about the Ark of the Covenant or maybe Excalibur. What are your ideas and such?

: Well, let me toss the ball back toward you...what interests you enough to want to research for information and record it? I am personally interested in Egyptology, but being located in Tennessee, have found myself being involved with MTSU's archeology department's projects in excavating sites of pre-Colonial forts and like locations. These digs and meetings I have been keeping a log, or diary of, and have recorded quite a few items that I haven't come across to date in my own reading. One of the projects in particular will rewrite some of Tennessee's and preRevolutionary war history in the artifacts that have been uncovered. If you are a watcher of Discovery Channel, are there any particular programs that you usually are drawn to, such as underwater archeology for instance? Anything concerning Greek mythology, or Roman lore that you are interested? The list is endless, and only you can really answer that one. I recently saw a Discovery special that dealt with the underwater discovery of a lost city in Jamaica where the pirates used to hold power. It was sunk by a earthquake in almost almost 15 minutes, and until the mid 1950's was thought to have just fallen apart in the quake. It was discovered that the city had sunk intact, and is a time capsule of that period that no one knew even existed. I could see a volume of research to write about if I had the time on this one. Like I said, what do YOU find interesting, and worth YOUR time to investigate? Only you know the answer to that one. Good hunting! Regards. Michael

Well, like I have mentioned before, I have been working on my
Atlantis Diary for quite some time- three years to be exact. The
particular book that I have was purchased from Indy Magnoli's
company P.I.T.A. Productions. Each page has a watermark that,
when held up to light, says "Classic Lines". I take it that is
the comapny that originally manufactured it. The book is the
exact size of the Grail Diary in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
The original cover was a light tan color, but made to resemble
marble. I modified it by using a cardboard file folder which looks
like brown leather. I cut a form-cover and pressure-glued it on.
Then I did some minor artificial aging to achieve that authentic
"used" look. I have done extensive research from many sources and
have been very selective about the information that is recorded
on the pages. I even bought an authentic drain-style pen with
metal blade tip to make the lettering style better.
In any case, just search around and you should be able
to find a suitable diary book. Then it's up to you to find an
archaeological or historic topic whichfascinates you. From there
it just depends on how much passion you put into your search.
In time, you will be rewarded with a really neat, personal
souvenir of your quest. Good luck!!!

Regards,

Dale Dassel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: