Mad Max 2: Collector's Edition

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 007 from 24-148-8-171.na.21stcentury.net (24.148.8.171) on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 at 5:54pm :

In Reply to: Lost version of MM2?!? WTF?!?!?! posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-024-145.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.24.145) on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 at 3:39pm :

Yeah.. apparently in the 80's Mad Max 2 was broadcast on television, but since the movie is rated R, a lot of the violence and nudity was removed from the film. The filmmakers added twenty minutes of additional footage to compenaste for what they had to cut. They even redid the opening and closing voice over segments with a new actor reading the changed lines. The quality is pretty good and this bootleg DVD has 3 special features. Included is the Mad Max 2: The Chase Continues featurette from the special edition VHS release of Road Warrior, Mad Max 2 trailer from the same VHS, and The Road Warrior trailer which I haven't seen before (it's also the lowest quality of item on the disc). Here is the blurb from the back of the case:

The future is bleak...

In the post nuclear desert of the Australian outback, manking has decayed into a state of total chaos. Survival is a daily affair, and gasoline is a precious commodity. One man, drawn in to a fuel encampment desperate to escape it all - together they face overwhelming odds: "The Humungous" and his savage army. The dream of escaping the wasteland must first pass through him...

Mel Gibson returns as Max Rockatansky, in this Kennedy/Miller sequel to thier world-wide smas hit, "Mad Max".

Originally sanctoined exclusively for T.V. networks and now available on DVD for the first time, this Collector's Edition features the "Lost Version" of Mad Max 2 - which contains over 20 minutes of lost footage - alternate into/outro speeches, alternate camera angles, deleted footage, and extended disalogue. Uncut and Commercial Free!

The guy who I won the auction from seems to be the only guy who is selling these. He says he cuts off his auction for this DVD at $25.00, but I got mine for only $8.00. I checked his other auctions and the highest this DVD has ever gone for was around $16.00. His eBay ID is cbocollectibles. This is one of the best bootleg items that I have purchased, aside from my Asian Indiana Jones trilogy discs (except for Last Crusade where half of the motorcylce chase is missing!!!) Hope this helps you out a bit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com