Re: Indy's Gloves...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 07, 1999 at 19:31:13:

In Reply to: Indy's Gloves... posted by Brian on January 07, 1999 at 14:58:40:

: Also, don't forget the gloves are used during the whole truck sequence - in Tunisia. So they couldn't have been just a pair lying around on set. Also, the stunt men used the same gloves on the truck sequence. Have a look at the Making Of Raiders video for a better look?

: Regards,

: Brian

I don't follow you....all those scenes you mention were all shot overseas,Britain and Tunisia, and would indeed be done using the same wardrobe/gloves. The stunt men would have used the same for continuity purposes, and they were also shot overseas. Like I wrote above, I am not creating this scenario, I'm just stating what I've read in past journals. I don't know what the gloves were, I only know what is available through the industry, and Midwest isn't a front runner. Wells Lamont is, and there is a paper trail for both leading to Paramount in the early 1980's. Midwest has been consistantly listed here in the forum because someone WAY back when spoke to someone who heard that Midwest had sold gloves to Paramount in 1980. So what. So did Wells Lamont. The rumor has become the fact in the retelling over the years. The only thing said was the gloves Ford wore were borrowed from a studio grip working on the set of the Well of Souls because he had none at the time. Based on that, what ever you find that remotely looks like the gloves in the scene, you probably have a good bet they are either Midwest OR Wells Lamont, as these are the only ones listed with studio/video retail sales groups here in the US. I have ordered Wells Lamont many times in my field work through the Comprehensive company, a professional sales group in New Jersey. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]