Well, I enjoyed them...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rushmore from dhcp-63-49.tulane.edu (129.81.63.49) on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 3:48pm :

In Reply to: Re: Sort of... posted by 007 from 24-148-8-171.na.21stcentury.net (24.148.8.171) on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 2:34pm :

But I never really cared whether they were children's novels or not? Anyway, these days the line between children's and adult's is not defined. I say just read the books if you want to read them. They are easy reads, so if you don't like them, the most time you will waste is two- three hours, tops. However, if you want Dickens or Steinbeck, read David Copperfield or The Grapes of Wrath. If you want sex, read some sort of ponographic filth. If you want violence, A Clockwork Orange. However, you really can't define something by adult or child. That depends on the person. If you are looking for some escapist entertainment, then read the Jones books. Personally, I wouldn't buy them, because I did and I never really felt I got my money's worth out of them. However you can, or you can just check them out from the library.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com