Just finished "Genesis Deluge."

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from WCS3.NORFOLK.NIPR.MIL (198.26.132.99) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at 10:04am :

This last weekend, the Marines had their birthday bash ball, and since I have at least as many friends in the Corps as the Navy (they tend to have a better attitude than your average squid), I checked out the duty van, put on my cute blue uniform, and saw to it that all those boys and girls got home safely after, shall we say, over-indulging at the festivities?
At any rate, "Indy and the Genesis Deluge" came along for the night.
I've read better ones, but there are worse out there, too. My only real problem with it was how forced the ending seemed to be. One moment, it seemed we were reaching the height of tension, then done. It was as though Mr. MacGreagor was just in a hurry to get out of it. Feeling a bit cheated, I flipped through the last several pages; searching for more story, but only found the preview for "Unicorn's Legacy."
Ah, well.
To all Indy Gear fans who passed this story up, while in downtown Istanbul, the good Doctor J meets a cobbler who inserts a three-inch blade to his boot which extends if the wearer rotates the heel.
Cooooool. Now there's some stuff nobody ever considered before.....
Since the night was still young, I had the foresight to pack along another read--have any of you folks read or at least heard of Laurell K. Hamilton? I read one of her Anita Blake, Vamp Hunter books awhile ago out of curiousity, and fell in love with the charachter (Princess Jasmine, move over a little).
To make a connection with Indy, she packs a Browning Hi-Power loaded with silver 9mm.
Hope that I'm not missing too much excitement here. But these days, a kid really has to earn his keep, and it tends to keep him farther from the library computer.

Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com