Wait a second...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rushmore from dhcp-63-49.tulane.edu (129.81.63.49) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 9:53pm :

In Reply to: Un (insert colorful metaphor here) Believable!!! posted by 007 from 24-148-8-171.na.21stcentury.net (24.148.8.171) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 9:24pm :

I am sure you are a very well-informed person, but I do not agree with what you say.
1. "the awful actress', Halle Berry's..." You are entitled to your opinion, but the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences deemed her quite a fine actress, as she won an Oscar last year. I also think that her acting ability is quite good, and better than 99.9% of the Bond girls in the 40 years of that franchise.
2. "awful character of Jinx" I assume you are making this comment following a viewing of this film which I look forward on seeing Friday the 22nd. I was a little disapointed by the first reviews I read on http://www.mi6.co.uk which stated in it, "Berry's flat performance." However, on ianfleming.org, it states, "Halle Berry’s Jinx is the first effective female equivalent to 007 in the entire series. Introduced as an early conquest in Cuba, Jinx runs through the film, driving the story along on a parallel investigation to Bond, employing ruthlessness, gadgets and chic cheek. Early casting suggestions of Witney Houston and Salma Hayek are consistent with the character played by Berry although this Oscar-winner’s turn in DAD is tough, resourceful, sexy, intelligent and feminine. She will be the major reason why the film will break through the Brosnan Bond global $350 million dollar ceiling." Also, on bbc.com, it states that this film is, "one of the best of the series - not simply a great Bond movie, but a great Action movie, full stop."
I, too, read about the possibility of a spin-off franchise. I do think there is demand for a strong female secret agent like Bond, as is shown by the popuarity of shows like "Alias." I say, let Berry give it a chance. I cannot judge how well she does in "Die Another Day," but I do look forward for a great ride next week when "James Bond Will Return."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com