Two Words

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from cache-db02.proxy.aol.com (205.188.208.38) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 9:28am :

In Reply to: Re: Wait a second... posted by 007 from 24-148-8-171.na.21stcentury.net (24.148.8.171) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 10:43pm :

: You're right.. I am entitled to my opinion and that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it. I do not enjoy Halle Berry, nor do I like the woman's performances. Did you watch the Oscar's last year? I cannot imagine anyone making more of an arse of themselves than she did. I would say that Berry is prolly a better choice than Whitney Houston or Salma Hayek based on acting abilities alone. She is a Bond girl, so that must, or should at least, mean that all Bond girls are attractive as well. But that has been proven wrong in A View To A Kill with Grace Jones, Live and Let Die with Gloria Hendry, Diamonds Are Forever with Jill St. John, and in Tomorrow Never Dies with Michelle Yeoh. Yes, I was lucky to get invited to an advance screening, and I enjoyed the film greatly. I'll be there for the opening night at the local cinema.

: There very well may be "a strong demand for a strong female secret agent," but it should not be based off, expanded from, derived from, or borrowed from a James Bond film or novel. I cannot beleive that Cubby Brocoli would ever have authorized a spinoff series from a character created for a Bond film; it's a shame that he and Desmond Llewelyn are not with us anymore. And I still prefer Q over John Cleese as R, yes I said R, he will never be Q in my eyes.

: But why am I complaining? I would rather sit through a Jinx film than another episode of XXX anyday. Did you see that peice of schlock? A bunch of reviews for that film had me irate for a while when I kept hearing them say "Move over James Bond." So, I guess it's Jinx over XXX, and Bond over Jinx.

: But where does Indy fit in? Good question. I'd have to say he definatly beats out XXX and Jinx, but prolly ties with Bond. You see, It still fits in the forum here. And I finally ordered my Raiders style Wested Jacket. Good for me! Okay, I've ranted and raved for too long. If anyone has read through all of this, "I salute you!" No, I was not quoting Gladiator, but rather the Kirk Douglas, Stanley Kubrik epic of Spartacus!

: Cheers!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com