Fine Actress?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 1:22pm :

In Reply to: I hope you did not just say that... posted by Rushmore from dhcp-63-49.tulane.edu (129.81.63.49) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 10:42am :

: Are you insinuating that as long as white people won Oscars it was not discrimination and once black people won it was? Grow up! Just because you think she did not deserve it does not call for such racist trash to be posted on this forum.
: I also hope you just didn't call for the murder of such a fine actress.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with Smith on this one. Berry gave a very "unauthentic" reading of her role in Monster's Ball in my opinion. She has has little integrity as a person to boot. She received an extra $500,000 to pose topless in Swordfish and played the race card all the way in pre Oscar interviews. She made a mockery of real racism. She is stunningly beautiful, her beauty can in fact taint your perception of her skill as an actress. Denzel Washington on the other hand is an actor with real integrity. He gave a fine performance in a really mediocre movie. He's given just as fine (if not better) performances in many other films since his Oscar performance in Glory and hasn't won. Do you think that politics might have something to do with any of this? I don't want to devalue his performance and I know that Denzel was not nominated for "best picture" but "best actor", but still, "Training Day"? Come on. Cheers

ps Indiana Jones rules

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com