Journey to the Center of the Earth

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3thoubucks from host-66-81-112-86.rev.o1.com (66.81.112.86) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 3:11am :

This early 60's movie is on amc. I saw it in theaters when it opened and was very impressed. Maybe Lucas or Spielberg saw it too. In order to find the entrance of the cave you will begin the journey in, a beam of sun light shines though an apature in the rim of a volcano you are down in, and shows you the exact location of the caves mouth. Then a giant boulder chases you down the cave's passage. Then you find the skeleton of the guy you knew had been there first.----I said in the AMC post below that they edited "god damn" partner" out of Raiders. Well, Ripley said it twice in 5 minutes in "Aliens' on amc the same week, so I wonder if Lucas is behind the editing?- The inserted replacement dialog is definately the voice of Ford and Karen Allen in my opinion. ----"Legend" is also showing on amc. A bunch of round mirrors are arranged to bouce sun light into Satan's lair, which may have inspired the same trick in "The Mummy" which was inspired by Raiders.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com