THAT Journey to the Center of the Earth?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dan from sholl-group.dsl.mpls.fishnet.com (209.150.223.34) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 3:38am :

In Reply to: Journey to the Center of the Earth posted by 3thoubucks from host-66-81-112-86.rev.o1.com (66.81.112.86) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 3:11am :

Isn't that the movie with that big Swede (Norwegian?) and the goose? Some crazed professor and a gang of misfits find a subterranean world populated by Atlanteans or something?

Jules Verne, being a hell of a visionary and writer of fabulous adventures, generally rocks, but hey, I just took another gander at The Mysterious island (the book, mind you), and it's quite dreadfully dated. It's funny though. There you got a bunch of men, 5 I think - lost count, and each single one is genius. Those geniuses are quite content living on that island. They are very resourceful people. They make everything from soap to metal tools - all from scratch, too. That's capital. Captain Nemo gives them some percussion cap guns and a breechloader to fight pirates. What surprised me about The Mysterious Island was that none of those guys ever complained about the lack of females. Where was I? Oh yeah, Jules Verne rocked, and I lost the thread. The thread... Ah yes, "resourcefulness" is the mark of all adventurers, Indy included. Does that make McGuyver Indy's modern reincarnation?

Regards, Dan (hopped up on a double latte)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com