Digital Indy?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d221-216-98.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.98) on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 8:22am :

Hey Gang:
According to AICN (a pillar of truth...ahem) some conference just happened where George Lucas' little lap puppy and professional YES-man, Rick McCallum, hinted that in Indy IV there may be a "flashback" sequence where ILM would employ an all-digital Indiana Jones.

Personally, I don't believe it for a second, seeing as how McCallum should have very little to no involvement in this picture, at least if Paramount were smart. Frank Marshall is on board as producer anyway...maybe McCallum could just get coffee or something.

Anyway, it raises a red flag for me - supposing that this were true; it messes with the editing style of Indiana Jones films, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I just want this movie to FEEL like an Indiana Jones film. Judging by Spielberg's recent ouvre, I woould imagine the film to be stylistically a little different than the films of the 80's...I am encouraged by the fact that at least he isn;t quite as CGI-happy as Lucas, I mean, at leat we'll know that whatever sets are built are actually sets and locations, not existing on some hard drive...

At the very least, the article brought something interesting up. Apparentyl in the early-90's, the original Star Wars cast were digitally scanned, so a photo-realistic recreation of them could be made...interesting.

With a grain of salt,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com