Actually...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-hs1-028.inetnebr.com (206.222.219.156) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 11:36pm :

In Reply to: Re: Interesting stuff... posted by Calixar from id-couerdalene2d-16.cdalid.adelphia.net (24.53.226.16) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 9:07pm :

Regarding the "Finding God in the Lord of the Rings" book. I had heard of it already but had been a little hesitant to look into it. The main reason why was because I found out about it while looking through a Christian book catalog my parents received in the mail (I was home-schooled, and my mom I believe bought a book from them a very long time ago.), from a company that seemed to be both very Protestant and simultaneously very anti-Catholic in some of their subjects and materials. So I was a little surprised to see a book on Tolkien there with all their others. When I read the description I was quick to notice that Tolkien was never referred to as a "Catholic", simply as a "Christian". I myself have noticed some very promenant elements of the story that appear to be specifically Catholic to my mind at least, and so I wondered just how well I would agree with the authors ideas (I assumed they were Protestant themselves). Still, it's brief length means that it wouldn't take up too much of my time... I'll keep "That Hideous Strength" as my priority for the time being, and consider "Finding God in LOTR" for a little while down the road.

Peace of Christ,

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com