Met the guy in charge of the Ford Tri-Motor from ToD

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from cache-ntc-af09.proxy.aol.com (198.81.26.174) on Sunday, December 08, 2002 at 1:45am :

His name escapes me at the moment, but he came to my Beginning Automotive class to discuss vocational schools for aviation and automotive maintinance. He's been working with aircraft for several decades and helped make a few movies featuring vintage aircraft. Temple of Doom was one of them. Really interesting. The Ford Tri-Motor was the first successfull all metal aircraft. It was made by the Ford Motor Company. A friend I made durring my time volunteering at the McChord Air Museum had a ride in one. About 20+ years ago, (I'm 18 and half my friends are above age 55)his wife sent him to get $50 worth of groceries for the family. While driving down the highway in California, he saw a Ford Tri-Motor so he takes the nearest exit and goes and sees the airplane. They were offering rides for $50. After an amusing ride, he had to return home and expain why he no longer had the $50 and no groceries.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com