Re: Indy Can't Look like Ford???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip237-s02.inetnorth.net on January 08, 1999 at 19:19:12:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Can't Look like Ford??? posted by Mark on January 05, 1999 at 21:13:57:

: : I've just been re-reading the December PC Gamer cover story on Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.

: : They mention that the voice of Indy in the game will not be supplied by Harrison Ford- nothing new there. But they say that since the Indy character and Harrison Ford's likeness exist as separate copyrights, the game developers must make the character look and sound like Indy, but not Harrison Ford.

: : I admit I know next to nothing about copyright law, but if this is the case, why does all of the cover art for the novels have good likenesses of Harrison Ford? And in The Fate of Atlantis, when you look at a magazine, you see a good likeness of Harrison Ford as Indy, along with Sophia. Similarly, a lot of Star Wars products have a likeness of Ford as Han Solo.

: : I can see them not being able to afford Ford, but it just seems a little bizarre that they would have to intentionally make the computer character not look like what we've come to expect Indy to look like.

: : Just a thought.

: : BMan

: I personally think that it looks quite a bit like Ford- a younger tougher Ford. Have you seen the Luke Skywalker/ Mark Hamill character face in Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2? Well, if you haven't- I can tell you that we should be happy to have Indy's face even slightly resemble Ford!! I think they did a great job for not legally being able to replicate Ford's face, he appears as Indy might have looked as a younger tough guy.

: P.S.- sorry for the goofy posting, Groo was being himself and I couldn't resist.

Kinda ironic in that respect; the game's supposed to take place after WWII, and that would make Indy nearly 50.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]