What if Indy had stayed in bed....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty from ? (193.120.146.226) on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 6:48am :

Something occured to me the last time I watched Raiders.

In descriptions, reviews and anything written about Raiders, Indy is always credited with saving the world.

I was just wondering, what if he had told the government he wasn't interested? Told them he was too busy correcting mid-terms. What if he had just stayed in bed that day?

Here's how I see it.

The Nazis would have recoverd the Ark. Sucessfully loaded it onto the flying wing. Brought it to the island and performed the Jewish ceremony, and bingo they're wiped out by the wrath of God.

I guess more Nazis would have showed up sooner or later, but as the Ark seems to kill the unrighteous I can't see them having any more luck with it.

So Indy didn't really save the world did he?

Of course, if he had stayed in bed it would have been a really dull movie and poor Marion would have been most likely tortured and killed for the head piece.

And he's still a hero for trying to save the world. But until the end he didn't believe in the power of the Ark, so he was only trying to beat the Nazis to a significant archogical find.
(that's why I hate the renaming to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy was as much a Raider as anyone else)

Any thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com