Yeah, I've sometimes thought about the "What Ifs?" myself.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from pcp416801pcs.martnz01.ga.comcast.net (68.47.38.123) on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 6:20pm :

In Reply to: What if Indy had stayed in bed.... posted by Marty from ? (193.120.146.226) on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 6:48am :

Let's just say, first off, that Indy had turned down the job. The US would have needed to find someone else, my money being on a sharp, motivated serviceman (although the Underwater Demolitions Team guys wouldn't be formed until 1943, so I can't imagine who they would have sent, heh heh).
As I've shared before, the though that woke me up in the middle of the night was Marcus stating that "five years ago, I would have gone after it myself." Perhaps he would have had the task if Indy had said no.
Now, what I feel is the real pivotal factor; assuming Belloq was still in the employ of Hitler and with the authentic headpiece in his possession (Well of Souls discovered, some Nazi grunts drew straws to be the guys who actually had to go down into such a nasty place, and the prize was brought out to the light of day and so forth), the Ark was to flown directly to Berlin. This means no pit stop on a secret submarine base in the Med. Perhaps der Fuhrer would have been present, and hey; perhaps Himmler and a few other Third Reich big shots for the opening of their new toy.
Maybe world history would have had a serious revision.

Just to set the record straight, though--according to the Bible, in Samuel 4 and 5, the Ark actually DID lose in battle when it was carried forth by the Israelites. Not only did the Jews lose the fight, they lost the Ark, as well. However, the box was no good to the Phillistines; who suffered mice in their crops and hemorroids, in the Old Testament sense (no joke).
They ultimately just gave the thing back.
But where the Ark is now truly is anybody's guess.

Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com