Re: Live interview with Spielberg this evening

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben Friend of Indy from 12-220-64-210.client.insightBB.com (12.220.64.210) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 11:15am :

In Reply to: Live interview with Spielberg this evening posted by MK from pool0295.cvx11-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.178.189.40) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 2:35am :

: Yet Another MK Adventure.

: I was very fortunate to attend a screening of Catch Me If You Can this evening at the Director’s Guild of America.

: It is a wonderful film that I am sure most of you will thoroughly enjoy. It has a great story told with compelling performances by some very talented actors.

: During the period looking title credits I was very surprised to see that John Williams did the score. The reason was that the sixties style score I was hearing didn’t sound like what we normally associate with a Williams work. As always John’s work was very tasteful yet I would say it was the most unusual score I have heard from him since his TV days.

: No wiz-bang CGI (that you can tell), just good old fashion film making (it’s a fragmented sentence….so what).

: At the conclusion of the movie, Spielberg came out and did Q&A with a Scottish fellow being a moderator. Stephen answered many questions and of course our favorite subject came up. He didn’t give away much……in fact, for all I know some of you may already have heard this. At any rate here are the details:

: Stephen said Williams composed three different themes for Raiders and chose one. So there are two others. I am curious as to what they were.

: They asked the old-tired-beat-a-dead-horse question about Ford and the swordsman, but he added something that I hadn’t heard before. That the fight was even more elaborate that I had thought. They were supposed to go up and down stairs…..all over the square. Ford showed up and said “you have me for an hour and a half. That’s it”. So they shot him. Also Ford was sick from eating some lamb dish that I can’t remember the name of now.

: Indy VI is set in the early fifties and will shoot in 2004 for a 2005 release.

: They want Sean Connery to return, but Stephen is not sure they can afford him. It appears he is asking for a lot more money. If he does return he will have an important part in the beginning of the film.

: You heard it here first…….. (I hope).

: A great evening and a red-letter week for me. :-D

Wow, Indy SIX! They're movin' right along, aren't they? ;D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: