Well said!! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KyleS from firewall.humongous.com (209.191.163.10) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 1:36pm :

In Reply to: I wouldn't be surprised myself posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 1:00pm :

: George Lucas has become a big advocate and user of digital and HD 'filming', and I personally don't see any reason for him to change horses in mid stream just to shoot Indy IV. But what the hey? He was plowing new ground when Raiders was produced. Why NOT continue to work on the cutting edge of technology, even with Indy? I have no problem with it myself. If kept within reason, we may all be amazed with what can be achieved. Regards. Michaelson

: : I've been thinking about Indy 4 and whether or not it will be shot on digital tape or not and I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter. There have been many critics arguing against digital on this forum (like we have any input, grin) because of the look of digital tape. I say that modern movies looked crappy long before digital came around. The two main culprits of this change are improved lenses and improved film stock (teamed up for not better results). With so many films being re-released on dvd these days it's been made really easy to compare films from different eras and I've come to the conclusion that the last era where movies looked like movies was the 70's. They looked magnificent. Of the three Indy movies, Raiders looks the best. Now, LC has the sharpest images and most vibrant color, but Raiders looks the best. I attribute this to film stock and lenses. All three films had the same cinematographer (it's a given that they intentionally tried to give each film it's own look, I know). Even if they shoot Indy 4 on film it won't look as cool as Raiders. As long as I'm ranting, modern recordings sound terrible too. The fidelity is better but the overall sound obtained is worse and it's not just analogue vs. digital. They were making terrible sounding (fidelity-wise) records in the early 80's before digital came about. We lost something along the way. Cheers

: : PS- I want the movie, but I don't expect the film to look like Raiders as I suspect that others do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com