Re: Crazy thought during a long night--

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben Friend of Indy from 12-220-64-210.client.insightBB.com (12.220.64.210) on Friday, December 13, 2002 at 1:36pm :

In Reply to: Crazy thought during a long night-- posted by Operator Jake from pcp416801pcs.martnz01.ga.comcast.net (68.47.38.123) on Friday, December 13, 2002 at 12:35pm :

: Hey everyone.
: Crazy thought from the other night--maybe a few of you have read the old Stephen King book "IT" (my personal fave of his, although I am by no means an authority on his stuff--you can count the books of his that I have read on two hands). The entity in the tale is explained as having a "mirror-like" facade; you will see your deepest fear when you look upon it.
: As such, two or more people can look at the being and see two different things; depending on what haunts them deep in their souls.

: How do I relate this to the good Dr. J? What if our favorite den of nightmares, the Well of the Souls, had such a power (from a divine source, to protect the Ark)? After all, what could have been worse for Indy to find between himself and the prize?

: Now, I'm not looking to debate on this--I was just wondering, if any of you folks are up to sharing, what do you think you would see if you were in Indy's Aldens, and perched above the chamber of horrors?

: Sweet dreams, guys.

: Let's be careful out there.

As far as the possibility of there actually being that type of power in the Well of Souls, I don't think so. Sallah is the first notice "the floor move," and afterwards he notices that they are asps. Also, both Indy AND Marion had to keep the snakes back.
As far as your last question, I have no idea what I would see. I had some bad encounters with our former cat, but...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com