Re: color of jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn0010-162.cyberTours.com on January 09, 1999 at 05:55:11:

In Reply to: color of jacket posted by Azuma on January 08, 1999 at 20:05:32:

: Hi every one:

: I always think about is the color of wested jacket as same as the one in the movie? Coz' it appearance more lighter than we got from wested in the three movies and I have been wearing it over a year but the only thing has changed on the jacket is to get glossy. Do you think that they used different material or color to make the jacket for the movie?

: Best regards,

: Azuma

No, I am pretty certain that it was the same dark brown lambskin-I've had mine for about 8 years now and it is wearing nicely around the seams and developing a nice rich patina everywhere else. You just can't be afraid to actually WEAR it-pretend it is a work jacket-a jacket you would wear to fix a car, do some manual labor in it, etc. If you get scratches in it, great, if you tear the leather a little, even better. Don't try scratching or tearing it purposely, but just don't be careful about wear you where it. Wear it in the rain, get it dirty, etc. and it will be fine. This same advice goes for the David Morgan whip-brand new it is very light in color and only resembles Indy's in shape, not color. You've got to not be afraid to go out and use it. But unlike the jacket, you should make sure you give the whip a good coating of leather dressing every now and then. The jacket really doesn't need this, unless you really notice the leather getting dry. My two cents...

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]