Re: INDY DVD NEWS (sort of)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 at 1:23pm :

In Reply to: INDY DVD NEWS (sort of) posted by Adam McDaniel from spider-mtc-ti062.proxy.aol.com (64.12.101.177) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 at 12:31pm :

: From DVDFILE.com

: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 18th, 2002
: 'Indiana Jones' next year?; MGM gets sued over widescreen
: By Peter M. Bracke
: "No time for love, Dr. Jones!" - 1:09am

: Sick of waiting for the Indiana Jones trilogy to finally be released on DVD? Well, you might not have to wait much longer...er, sorta. Indy helmer Steven Spielberg recently spoke with the Wall Street Journal about his upcoming projects, including the long-in-development Indiana Jones 4, as well as the original trilogy on DVD.

: "We're aiming for next fall." Spielberg was quoted as saying. "George Lucas and I are having an argument with Paramount. Paramount wants to come out with all three movies in one package. George and I want to come out with one film at a time and then come out with all three movies, and maybe even the fourth one, in one package later."

: While a Paramount spokesperson quickly followed up with a public statement that there is no argument, only that "Discussions are ongoing," I think I have to side with the studio on this one. Am I the only one who would rather buy one big set than have to buy each flick one at a time, then rebuy 'em all later? Better yet, how about doing both? Release all three individually or as a set, take your pick. (And come to think of it, do I really want to see a 60 year-old-plus Harrison Ford in an Indy 4, complete with wheelchair and bullwhip? Not really.) Watch this space for news as it comes in...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like the individual dvd idea. I don't think that anyone should be forced to buy all three movies (like with the Godfather trilogy). If I were to buy a box set, I would rather that it had 4, rather than three movies. These guys have so many people scrutinizing their every move that there's no way in heck that they can please everyone. I believe that Lucas would rather have released the Star Wars movies all at the same time on dvd but he had so many people on him that he released episodes one and two really just to placate the fans. That and the fact that it made economic sense. Those movies were recent and all the extra material was easily accessible. The fans will cry bloody murder if the new SW and Indy dvds don't have loads of extras. Digging up all the old extra footage and conducting new interviews and then editing all the footage together takes up Lucasfilm recourses that can't be spared when you're making a new Star Wars movie. The guys that are waiting for the Indy dvds should also be thankful that Indy 4 is coming out. I really don't think that they would even be thinking of the dvds right now if there wasn't another Indy movie going into production. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense to release them soon, when Indy is on the mind of the general public (because of the new movie). Just my $.02. Cheers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com