One kid's theory--

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from pcp416801pcs.martnz01.ga.comcast.net (68.47.38.123) on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 9:42am :

In Reply to: I noticed something in LC... posted by Ben Friend of Indy from 12-220-64-210.client.insightBB.com (12.220.64.210) on Thursday, December 19, 2002 at 7:04pm :

I believe that if indeed the Grail was lost forever, there was no longer any need for the knight to stand his watch. He could at last die with honor after all that waiting; be it from surrendering his soul as easily as that or allowing himself to be killed in the collapse of the temple.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I think that immortality would be a curse; no other way to put it. To watch any friends or loved ones of yours grow old and die, the entire world moving on with you long after you have grown weary of it all--I think I'd pass.

I think I'd want some relief at some point in time.

I just hope and pray that when this kid's time comes, it will be in an act that chalks one up for the good guys, and that death is fast, painless, and free of paperwork on the other side.

That last part is only half-joking, by the way........

Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com