Actully....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 0-2pool48-182.nas7.eugene1.or.us.da.qwest.net (67.1.48.182) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 11:07am :

In Reply to: Indy IV digital filmmaking concerns.... posted by IndyCoil from dialup-216-19-8-165.pre.commspeed.net (216.19.8.165) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 1:44am :

......I hate admit it but.....it looked pretty good 90% of the time. Very impressive. Although....for me, it is sad to see it come to pass. My personal feelings on the subject are rather like what Derek Taylor wrote on the set of Raiders:

".....of course if it comes to that, the great public didn't need us to go to the Sahara Desert at all. The whole human action could have been shot at Elstree with bits and pieces of desert blue-screened in by ILM at their leisure.

But if it did come to that, then moviemaking as we all have come to know and love it is over. No more deserts or mountains, or deep wicked jungles, no more raging rivers or cruel seas? Oh no! There will always be pointers and their helpers striving to bring their passions to our larger attention, so it probably won't come to that."

- Derek Taylor 1980

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com