Re: The original cut...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-020-088.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.20.88) on Friday, January 03, 2003 at 5:55pm :

In Reply to: Re: The original cut... posted by Adam McDaniel from cache-ra08.proxy.aol.com (152.163.188.8) on Friday, January 03, 2003 at 4:13pm :

I also had a buddy who swears to having seen the "tied to the peri" footage, as at the time, it was widely reported that this made audiences laugh out loud at the "Waterskiing" bit, as it started to be called. For many years, this, and the extended fight with the Swordsman, were the only cuts I knew of.

I have an old LP of "The Story Of Raiders...", and in it are some extended, as well as alternate, dialogue......I don't have it handy these days (It's packed), but I do remember at least one, and that is the well of souls, when Indy and Sallah are first going in, and that it's a bit longer than what's in the film. Extra Dialogue...

Also, there was some sort of Anthropologist, or something like that, who was allowed to enter the Luca$film archives, and re-assemble all of the known footage for Star Wars Ep 4 (I HATE that I have to refer to it that way now)....running the time out to nearly, er, four hours I think it was. This was all in the Insider.
I have thought long and hard about how cool it would be to let that same guy do the same to Raiders, and then allow him to write a report as he had done for SW.....

Something to ponder. I wonder if Luca$ or any of his cronies read round these parts....

Later,

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com