More than ever, I realize that the IJ movies NEED to be released onto DVD!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Friday, January 10, 2003 at 11:17pm :

I realize that I'm pretty much preaching to the choir, but it must be stated:

Since buying my first DVD player in October 2000 (I now have two DVD players, not including both my Playstation 2 and the DVD/CD ROM drive in my PC), I have not watched a pre-recorded VCR tape for over two years... until now.

I just popped my Widescreen Indiana Jones VHS tapes into the VCR (one at a time, of course ), and oh man what a dropoff in visual and audio quality compared to DVD! And I suspect that the quality of the tapes hasn't gotten any worse than it was before... it's just that I've gotten so used to the digital quality of DVD's to the point of perhaps taking it for granted.

So what's the point of this post? To implore that the Indiana Jones movies finally be released on DVD ASAP! It's unfathomable that one of the greatest film series in cinematic history hasn't even made it to DVD yet (the same holds true for the original Star Wars trilogy) - there are so many worse films out there that have long ago made the jump to DVD!

Mr. Lucas, are you listening?

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com