Photo evidence that Indy's hat was worn off center in Raiders

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3thoubucks from host-66-81-73-50.rev.o1.com (66.81.73.50) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 at 3:42pm :

I have been experimenting, turning fedoras to achieve the Raiders look. A loose fitting Miller Indy (Biltmore) had to be turned about 3 1/2 inches, with good results, still, every element of the Raiders hat did not appear. Last week I bought a quality Itallian thin fur felt Borsalino from Peters Bros. (the "Michaelson"), with a very snug fit. A mere 3/4 inch turn gave me the complete Raiders look, including a high flat radial ridge in the brim behind my right eye, a slope upward from my right to left in the front of the brim, a flip up in the brim behind my left ear, a squarer crown viewed from the front, a bulge in the left rear of the crown and a backward tilt to the back of the crown. ----- the little white bow at the back of the sweatband is naturally off center now, about the same amount as it was in Indy's hat, and you can see the outline of this bow though the ribbon of Indy's hat in the fight by the flying wing. http://brokenheartsfixedhere.homestead.com/files/littleborsobow.JPG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com